Calling all chocolate lovers who are on a gluten-free, sugar-free food adventure! I give you the Chocolate Lover Brownie.
I have kept this recipe TOP SECRET from my family and friends for ages. Sharing is caring (I know!), but I also love my BEST BAKER title and this is the recipe that gets me the most compliments. We make this recipe so often that my daughter knows the ingredient list off by heart and she can basically make the whole recipe with little assistance from me. The realisation that my 3 year old can make these brownies with ease was the kick I needed to finally share the Chocolate Lover Brownie recipe with the world. Easy. Delicious. Healthy. What more could you want?
What you need:
- 1 ½ C gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 C coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 C water
How to make chocolate lover brownies:
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a lightly greased square or rectangle baking tin. No lumps allowed!
- Make three holes in the dry ingredients and pour:
- White vinegar into hole 1
- Vanilla extract into hole 2
- Olive oil into hole 3
- Water over everything
- Mix well until smooth.
- Bake at 180 for 25 minutes.
(This recipe also makes awesome cupcakes – prepare in a mixing bowl, pour into greased cupcake tin, and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.)
How to make chocolate lover icing:
- Beat 110g xylitol icing sugar, 75g butter and 100 g dark melted dark chocolate until smooth
- Icing onto cooled brownies (or onto cupcakes!)
- Serve and await the compliments…